Hey It's Me (I'm Back!)

It has been almost a year since I last posted on this blog, and in that time a lot has happened. My daughter turned three and started singing, counting, and talking up a storm (she never stops!). We traded our tiny apartment in hipsterville Oakland for a condo in what I like to call the “deep East Bay,” and I’m still trying to adjust to living in the suburbs. Little Bean graduated from in-home daycare to a full-blown Montessori preschool with 40 kids and monkey bars on the playground, and is suddenly extremely grown up and independent. And I met a wonderful man with a daughter of his own, and fell madly in love. Sometimes in life we have to take a step back from things in order to take a step forward. Last summer I felt the need to retreat, have some privacy, to let life happen, unreported and unedited. Now, ten months later, I feel refreshed and ready to write. I look forward to sharing my parenting adventures again on notahipstermom -- it’s therapeutic for me, and hey if my stories bring amusement to any of you, well then that’s a two-for-one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Working Mom’s Struggle: Five Tips for Establishing Better Work-Life Balance

Three Types of Parents to Avoid at the Park

The Great Mug Fiasco: Or, Why I'm Never Attending a Craft Fair Again